Sunday, January 02, 2005

Jared was in the ER last night

He woke up and ate breakfast yesterday, but started getting sick a few hours later. I figured it was another UTI. We had lunch at Aunt Chris' then came home to pack for the hospital. Robby dropped Jared and I off about 6pm and it was about 3 1/2 hours before we got into the room. At frist they put us in the hall, but I told them that would not work for cathing and she moved us to a room that had just opened up. It had a TV:) It was a long night and they sent us home this morning or was it still last night? I think it was 5am when I called Robby to come get us(getting dropped off/picked up saves $20 in parking fees). I had finally fallen asleep on the edge of Jared's bed. I didn't think it was a good idea to send him home because he was still running(and still is today)a high fever and vomiting. The doctor didn't think 104* was a high fever. I didn't think it was low. Robby is getting Jared's script and if he can't keep it down we'll be going back today. Why don't doctors read the chart or listen to us? This is the 3rd UTI in a month and the last one he had to be admitted for fluids and IV meds for 2 days.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Motherhen said...

Oh, I hope that this clears up quickly and he doesn't have to go back. Did they verify that it was another UTI? or is it something like Norwalk virus? No, I wouldn't consider 104 to be low either! I hate the fact that we have to pay for hospital parking, it is crazy. We have our healthcare paid for here, and yet it costs me 13.25 in parking every time a kid needs to go to the hospital for something. Keep us updated on Jared.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh geez...I hope the docs get a clue FAST. Poor Jared. Please give him some (hugs) & get better asap wishes from us. Hang in there, mommy. Bethie & co.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Wilson Clan said...

That's nuts, 104 is high, especially when he keeps having this problem. I can't believe they charge you that much in parking, and what if you don't have it? Sheesh..

You are such a great mom, and a good advocate for him. You know your son best and have been through a lot..I love how your not timid to speak up and put them in their place and tell them what he needs. It's easy to be a bit intimidated or just go with everything they say..

What is the word now on the UTI's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home